Sunday, November 2, 2008



By Dexter R. Matilla
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 00:20:00 11/03/2008

MANILA, Philippines - Camille Ver describes her works as minimalist. BBlogger: The Accidental Art Journalist - Create Postut seeing her works on display in E Gallery in Serendra, Fort Bonifacio Global City, which are part of her “Enamored” exhibit, one would realize her love of color is anything but minimal.

“I am captured by color,” Ver says. “Through my works, I want people to see how an abstractionist can be expressive and passionate about the things that are going on around us.”

“Enamored” is her collection of abstract works painted on tiled wood, a surface that Ver has developed and transformed as her own.

And this she does in solitude. It is her form of escape, says Ver, who tries to make sense of all the complex mix of powerful and varying emotions and moods she experiences every day as a painter, art teacher, entrepreneur and gallery consultant.

“Instead of models, I use my feelings as subjects,” she says. “These strong feelings are manifested through the colors I apply to each painting. Somehow I try to capture the essence of the moment and paint that onto carved wood, which I like to call ‘my ground.’”

She speaks in minimalist fashion too. But it is quite obvious her emotions run high as expressed by her paintings. Because she knows that, as an abstract artist, being able to express through her love of color is more than enough.

“Enamored” runs until Nov. 9 in E Gallery, 2/F, Shops at Serendra, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 The Accidental Art Journalist.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.